Position: Operations Co-ordinator
Salary: $50,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
Education: Secondary School (preferred)
This person will organize and be responsible for a variety of administrative tasks to facilitate the smooth operation of our office and projects. This position requires the ability to manage diverse and sometimes complex tasks with accuracy and speed and work side-by-side with our Site Supervisors, Project Managers, Estimating and Finance Department.
Experience in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Teams and Sage Business Vision an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to manage priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be creative, innovative, resourceful and solutions-oriented.
- Demonstrate initiative and commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and summarize and disseminate information.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate meeting schedules.
- Well-developed time management skills working in a fast-changing environment.
- Experience with contracts and construction documents
- Experience with construction accounting (AR/AP)
- Answer phones and responds to requests from Clients, Supervisors and Suppliers along with A/P requests from Vendors;
- A/P entry and scanning of related documents;
- Pick-up, organize and manage internal mail, faxes and courier packages;
- Assist in obtaining pricing for quotes, ordering and tracking rental equipment, materials and supply ordering for various sites;
- Track controls, organize documents in Teams and prepare detailed project binders for new jobs;
- Apply for all permits with various municipalities (demolition; road occupancy; yearly road permits; etc.)
- Obtain HWIN registrations when necessary;
- Maintains and updates all hard copy and electronic files related to projects;
- Other duties within the scope of the job as requested by management.
- Minimum three (3) years of related and recent experience providing office management and/or executive-level assistance, handling multiple files, and meeting timelines in a fast-paced environment.
Preference will be given to those with experience in construction related positions.