CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION PROGRAM (COR)
The Cannington Group dedicates resources to our corporate health and safety management program. Using the Ontario Certificate of Recognition (COR) program, as administered through the Infrastructure Health & Safety Association (IHSA) of Ontario, as the baseline, The Cannington Group has been working to redevelop the existing health and safety program to meet the requirements of COR. Abiding by and following the 19 elements, as a minimum, and incorporating other best management practices in health and safety. The Cannington Group has an existing health & safety training and process program.
Managing to the established COR program, as evidenced across Canada, The Cannington Group is using the COR implementation to drive continual improvement in our health and safety performance.
Occupational Health And Safety Policy
It is the policy of The Cannington Group of Companies to maintain safe working conditions at all of our job site locations, comply with health and safety legislation, maintain our job sites and equipment in a safe manner and to ensure that all of our employees comply with established safety procedures.
The company will:
- Take all possible steps to prevent personal injury and to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment. To achieve this, health and safety is integrated into all of the company's activities.
- Take all possible steps to comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario and its regulations.
- Establish responsibilities and hold accountable all levels of management for the implementation of this policy. Site Supervisors will be held accountable for the health and safety of workers under their supervision and health and safety performance will be a part of all site supervisors' performance appraisal. All employees are expected to adhere to this policy and the safe practices established for the workplace.
- Take all possible steps to obtain the cooperation of employees and visitors in carrying out this policy. Senior management is committed to the achievement of these objectives through the establishment of a health and safety policy, the adequate training of all employees.
The company wishes to stress that all individuals in the workplace, at all levels and job functions, must accept their responsibility in achieving the objectives of this health and safety policy. Health and safety consciousness must be an attitude that each employee brings to the workplace every day.
Environmental Policy Commitment
The Cannington Group is concerned about the environment within which we operate. We recognize and accept the responsibility to practice good operating procedures that will incorporate sound environmental procedures. Our Environmental Management Policy is a cornerstone in our commitment to provide the latest innovations in technology to our clients and to protect the environment in which we work.
In support of this, we are committed to the following environmental principals:
- We will incorporate policies and procedures in the areas of spill response and containment, and ensure all our employees understand their responsibilities.
- We will respect all environmental laws, regulations, and governmental policies.
- We will develop an understanding among our employees of their responsibilities regarding environmental issues.
- We will continually review our processes to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and to maintain our environmental commitments.
- We will adapt and promote procedures to incorporate the "reduce, reuse, recycle and recover" principals on our project sites.
- We will maintain our equipment in order to operate at peak efficiency.
The company wishes to stress that all individuals in the workplace, at all levels and job functions, must accept their responsibility in ensure our success. We are committed to providing the necessary support to ensure that all employees can help achieve the objectives within the policy commitment.